Ducks Take Over No. 2 Spot in Latest AP Poll
As college football leaves the cupcake part of the schedule behind, the AP Coaches Poll gives us a shake-up as the Oregon Ducks move past LSU to take over the number 2 spot behind the No. 1 Crimson Tide. The new top 10 looks like this.
- Alabama – crushed Florida Atlantic 40-7
- Oregon – routed Arizona 49-0
- LSU – hung on at Auburn 12-10
- Florida State – survived Clemson 49-37
- Georgia – walloped Vanderbilt 48-3
- South Carolina – ruled Missouri 31-10
- Kansas State - beat Oklahoma 24-19
- Stanford – next at Washington, Sept. 27
- West Virginia – upended Maryland 31-21
- Notre Dame – edged Michigan 13-6
The SEC, probably to no-one’s surprise, now boasts 4 of the top 6 teams in the nation.
Alabama received 59 of the possible first place votes, LSU getting the single remaining nod.
The K-State Wildcats achieved their highest ranking since 2006, moving up 8 spots after a 24-19 victory over Oklahoma.